The Days of Daph

Monday, July 14, 2008

On The Countdown!

The countdown began with day one being #201!! I'm finally down to only 5 days left!!! We leave this Saturday the 19 to go to Myrtle Beach, SC for a week. Neither the kids or I have been, but Rick visited there appx. 15 years ago (with his former wife--nice to think he may "remember" their visit..of course that's what I'll be thinking the entire time we're there. Or not, hopefully.) The children are quite excited. We have an Oceanfront room with the hotel sitting right on the beach. This is an advantage I think, (as we won't have to cross the highway to get to the beach) unless however there is a hurricane.. Bertha is on the way out they say now. I have all of the laundry done (after a full day of 9 loads yesterday!! Why on earth do I let it pile up like that?)finally, the beach towels are folded on the dryer, waiting to be put in the suitcase! I think we'll have a suitcase full of nothing but swimwear and towels! Which is just simply fine with me! I asked Rick last night what he was looking forward to the most..just being away from that c-r-a-z-y job of his, being on the beach every day, being in the water(which he has a boogie board for) or what?? His reply was, "I'll be excited when I'm there on the beach having a big steak to put in my belly"! I'm like are you kidding me???? I look forward to basking in the sun for endless hours, with the sand beneath my toes and floating in the grandest pool of all..the Atlantic!! Woo Hoo!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home